You are here: Home > Personnel > RTI
RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT -2005
1. Name of Organisation : KVS , Regional Office , Chandigarh
2. Name of Public Information Officer : Ms Shyamli Mitra,AO
3. Telephone No. : 0172-2638031
4. Fax No. :
1. Name of the Appellate Authority : Sh. M. S. Chauhan,Deputy Commissioner
2. Telephone No. Office : 0172-2638042
3. Mobile No. :
4. Fax No. :
Application Fees Rs. 10/- in favour of KVS, Regional Office, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh
Photocopy Rs. 2/- per page
Inspection of record No fee for one hour. Thereafter Rs. 5/- for each 15 minutes
Diskette Rs. 50/-
(a) Administrative Powers
(1) To make appointments to teaching and non-teaching posts in Group B and C in Vidyalayas except that of Vice Principal and Group ‘D’ posts of Regional Office.
(2) To approve probation and grant confirmation to the Group B and C employees in Vidyalayas, except Vice-Principals, and Group ‘D’ employees of Regional Offices.
(3) To forward applications of employees upto Group B (including Vice-Principals) of Vidyalayas and Regional Offices for posts outside the Sangathan but not for the posts abroad and to grant permission for registration with the Employment Exchange.
(4) To grant permission upto Group B (excluding Vice-Principal) of Vidyalaya and Regional Offices for appearing at public examination.
(5) To depute teaching staff of Group B (excluding Vice-Principals) and Group C establishments of the Vidyalayas and Regional Office for training/participation in educational programmes in India etc. where such training/ participation is considered to be in the Sangathan’s interest.
(6) To inspect and supervise Vidyalayas to ensure that curricular and co-curricular activities are properly carried out in the Vidyalayas and to suggest improvements, if any.
(7) To inspect, supervise and to suggest improvements in the administration of Vidyalayas.
(8) To allow alteration in the name/surname of the Group B, C & D employees of the Vidyalayas, excluding Vice-Principals.
(9) To look after the welfare of the employees of the Vidyalayas/ Regional office.
(10) To grant permission to the Group B and C employees of Vidyalayas/ Regional Office (excluding Vice-Principals) to prosecute higher studies or to write books or to take up any literary work.
(11) To issue orders on the analogy of FR 9(6) of the Fundamental Rules in respect of Group C employees of the Vidyalaya/ Regional Office that an employee in certain circumstances be treated as on duty, subject to such instructions as may be issued.
(12) To transfer Vidyalaya staff other than the Principals and Vice-Principals from one place to another within the Region subject to general orders of KVS HQrs from time to time in this regard.
(13) To dispense with a medical certificate of fitness in respect of Group C employees of Vidyalayas and the Regional Office.
(14) To sanction annual increments to Group C and D employees of the Regional Office and Principals and Vice-Principals of the Vidyalayas in the prescribed time-scale.
(15) To sanction the undertaking of work for which a fee is offered and an acceptance of the fee by the staff of the Vidyalaya (other than the Principal) and the Regional Office subject to a maximum of Rs.2500/- (Rupees two thousand and five hundred only) in each case.
(16) To grant leave preparatory to retirement and refuse leave etc. to Group B and C employees of Vidyalayas.
(17) To grant leave to Group B, C and D employees of the Regional Office.
(b) Financial Power
He shall have powers analogous to powers under the Supplementary Rules, General Financial Rules, Central Treasury Rules, Medical Attendance Rules and KVS Employees’ Provident Fund Rules as detailed in Appendix II
The functions of the Assistant Commisioner shall be as under :
1) To assist the Deputy Commissioner in administrative functions;
2) To supply resources needed by teachers and Principals;
3) To assist in continuous and comprehensive evaluation ;
4) To encourage experimentation and innovations;
5) To guide and assist the teachers in CCA fields;
6) To develop programmes for slow and gifted children;
7) To guide to achieve excellence;
8) To draw programmes in special areas of curriculum – Vocational Education, Work Experience, Physical Education, Arts, Music etc.
9) To act as specialist in certain fields;
10) To give demonstration lesson.
(a) Administrative Powers
(1) To function as the administrative head of the Vidyalaya and to act as the Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the staff employed in the Vidyalaya, subject to detailed instructions given in this regard in the Accounts Code.
(2) To engage teachers on part time/ contractual basis as PRT/TGT/PGT subject to relevant instructions in this regard.
(3) To make appointments to Group D posts and to approve probation and grant confirmation of Group D employees in the Vidyalaya.
(4) To forward applications of Group C and D employees of the Vidyalaya for posts outside the Sangathan except posts abroad and to grant permission for registration with the Employment Exchange.
(5) To grant permission to Group C and D employees of the Vidyalaya for appearing at public examination.
(6) To implement the instructions and policies of the Sangathan in respect of curricular and co-curricular activities, and to take steps to bring about healthy development of the Vidyalaya in all fields.
(7) To administer the Vidyalaya on sound lines and to develop healthy teacher-pupil relationship.
(8) To be responsible for the proper maintenance of accounts and school records, service-books of teaching and non-teaching staff, returns and statistics as prescribed by the Sangathan from time to time.
(9) To look after the welfare of the employees of the Vidyalaya.
(10) To handle the official correspondence relating to the Vidyalaya and to furnish within the prescribed dates all returns and information required by the Sangathan.
(11) To formulate and to submit to the Assistant Commissioner for approval, proposals for teaching staff, furniture, laboratory equipment and teaching aids etc. well before the commencement of the academic session.
(12) To make all payments including salaries etc. of teachers and other staff in time and according to rules.
(13) To ensure that tuition fees, where levied and Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (VVN) are realised and credited to the relevant Account in time.
(14) To make purchase of stores etc. required for the Vidyalaya in accordance with the prescribed procedure, to enter all such stores in Stock Register, to scrutinize the bills and make payment.
(15) To conduct physical verification of Vidyalaya property and stocks at least once a year and to inspect the stock registers occasionally to ensure their proper maintenance in accordance with the rules.
(16) To be responsible for proper utilization of the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi for which a separate account shall be maintained. This account will be operated and the funds will be utilized in accordance with the rules laid down by the Sangathan from time to time.
(17) To make satisfactory arrangements for supply of drinking water and other facilities for tiffin time for the pupils and to ensure that the school building and its fixtures and furniture, office equipment, laboratories, play grounds, school garden etc. are properly and carefully maintained.
(18) To grant to his Vidyalaya local holidays, not exceeding seven in an academic year for educational and other bonafide purposes.
(19) To supervise, guide and control the work of the teaching and non-teaching staff of the Vidyalaya.
(20) To be overall in-charge of admissions in the Vidyalaya, preparation of school time-table, allocation of duties to teachers, provision of necessary facilities to teachers in the discharge of their duties and conduct of examinations and tests in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Sangathan from time to time.
(21) To plan the year’s academic work in advance in consultation with his colleagues and to hold subject committee and staff meetings at least once a month to review the work done during the month, and to assess the progress of the pupils.
(22) To help and guide teachers and promote their professional growth by actively encouraging their participation in courses designed for in-service training.
(23) To promote initiative of teachers for self-improvement and encourage them to undertake experiments which are educationally sound.
(24) To encourage teachers for study of the curriculum and syllabus in use with a view to analyse the objectives of teaching of various topics and adapting instructional programmes, with due regard to inter-subject co-ordination. Such study would be particularly necessary when a new curriculum or syllabus is introduced.
(25) To ensure that the teacher’s diary is maintained in a manner that (i) it helps the teacher in his day to day work and (ii) it helps others to understand and appreciate his work.
(26) To supervise class room teaching and secure co-operation and co-ordination amongst teachers of the same subject area as well as of other subjects.
(27) To provide special help and guidance to teachers newly entering the profession.
(28) To plan and prescribe a regular time-table for the scrutiny of pupils’ written work and home assignment and to ensure that their assessment and correction are carried out effectively.
(29) To make necessary arrangements for organising special instructions for the pupils according to their need.
(30) To inform the teachers about the new rating schedule which may be prescribed from time to time for assessing their yearly work. To evaluate their work objectively and also to bring to the notice of the Assistant Commissioner/ Sangathan meritorious work done or successful experiments undertaken by any teacher to improve the Vidyalaya.
(31) To organise and co-ordinate various co-curricular activities through the House System or in any other effective way.
(32) To periodically organise educational excursions after proper planning.
(33) To develop and organise the library resources and reading facilities in the Vidyalaya and ensure that the pupils and teachers have access to and use books and journals of established values and worth.
(34) To encourage the formation of parent teacher associations in order to establish contacts with and secure co-operation of parents/ guardians in the programmes of the Vidyalaya.
(35) To send regularly the progress reports of the students to their parents/ guardians and to show the answer books of half-yearly and session ending examination to the parents on demand.
(36) To promote amongst pupils physical well-being, high standards of cleanliness and healthy habits, and to arrange two medical examinations of the students in an year and send medical reports to parents/ guardians.
(37) To sanction increments of all staff of the Vidyalaya excluding Vice-Principals in the approved time scales.
(38) To sanction leave other than leave preparatory to retirement and refuse leave to teachers and non-teaching staff of the Vidyalaya in accordance with the rules laid down by the Sangathan.
(b) Financial Powers :
The financial powers of the Principal shall be as defined in the Accounts Code.
The Vice-Principal shall work under the overall guidance of the Principal and will attend to whatever duties are specially assigned to him by the Principal. Some of these could be as follows :
(a) To assist the Principal in matters of academic co-ordination, preparation of school time-table, co-ordination of Subject Committee meetings, scrutiny of pupils’ written work and home assignments, co-ordination of the school examinations and timely dispatch of progress card of students to parents, etc.
(b) To organise various co-curricular activities of the school including games and physical education.
(c) To develop and organise resources of the institution such as the school library, laboratories, teaching aids, etc.
(d) To assist the Principal in the purchase of books and journals for Library and suitable equipment for Laboratories.
(e) To look after the physical upkeep and cleanliness of the school and proper maintenance of property and stock. To assist the Principal in conducting physical verification of school property and device procedures for its careful and proper maintenance.
(f) To exercise certain specific administrative powers assigned to him when the Principal is either on leave or away from the Vidyalaya on duty.
(1) The Headmaster will be responsible for running primary sections under the overall guidance of the Principal and perform the under mentioned duties:
a) To function as a Supervisor of the Primary Department.
b) To help and guide the Primary Teachers.
c) To organize workshops for the Primary Teachers for curriculum and syllabi in use, with a view to analyzing the
objectives of teaching of various topics and adopting the instructional programmes suitable to them.
d) To ensure that the teachers diaries are maintained properly.
e) To ensure that lesson plans/unit plans are prepared regularly.